4.26.2010

Another picture-less post

Lucky for you this is another picture-less post to read. *Great (you think to yourself) she's a real great blogger, dang she did better on the last blog she did*

Well, I really do have hopes of doing pics, soon my dears soon. First I must pull my Kodak out of the desk drawer that it hides in, and plug in my handy flip style Kodak that the wonderful husband got me for Christmas to charge...then I'll be more likely to add pics.

But onto my whole point. As you may or may not know, I'm hoping to start a little side business...no big plans made yet, I'm not quiting my job or anything...just something fun to do on the side, make some stuff and sell some stuff, and hopefully have some fun in the middle. Well I'm not in a huge hurry to start this new chapter of my life, as I've already got a lot going on (like an endless list of "want to do's " to the house/ yard...general Summertime excitement, and such, but I'm constantly planning and dreaming up the ways I want my new business to go.

In these plans I see a few items that I will be in need of in the future for various reasons, there for I'm asking you as my readers, to pass this along, network for me, and help me to obtain the things that are in my "wish list" if you will. Obviously I'm willing to do my part, which will be provide the funds as needed...but I'm not trying to go crazy here, again this is a side thing for fun...not a full fledged corporation, and Neely is getting a lot smarter about her "fashions" *meaning they must be expensive* so funds are tight.

I need a local model, someone who has a charming smile, and is willing to wear my clothes and pose in the silly poses that my mind thinks up and do it all for a few kick backs of free items.
I need a photographer, local would be great. I'm willing to start out doing this task on my own, however I feel that the style of the photo really can make or break the desire to have the item in the photo...I'm digging the edgy candid look that's becoming more popular. Staged smiles just aint doing it for me. Picky I know.
A rustic galvanized wash tub...or two. I'm feeling that this is an essential item to tie into my chosen brand name, as well as for holding items, photo props, and hopefully craft show displays in the future. Yes I know I can purchase a brand new one for roughly $12 at Tractor Supply but it lacks that worn out vintage look I've got in my head.
And most importantly on my wish list is any and all used clothing, buttons, ribbon scraps, baubles, linens, and the like that you no long have a need for, I would really appreciate the opportunity to turn them into something new. I'm truly inspired by using other items to make something new, or some call it up-cycling. Please set these things aside for me, even if you think that there is no way I'd want you dingy old table cloth, or work shirt, trust me I DO! Very much so!

So if you happen to have access to any items on my wish list please email me at laurasloadsoflaundry@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck woman! I am always keeping my eyes open for random stuff so I'll add yours to the list :)

    ReplyDelete